Tuesday, November 13, 2012

At Work in the Wait

It's been a while since I've posted.  We've been busy filling out paperwork, getting documents for the affidavit notarized and preparing our home for an additional member.  We've been sorting and packing and getting immunizations and letters from employers and gathering up activities for the plane ride and communicating with pediatricians and all sorts of other things in addition to "regular life."  So far we have four pieces of luggage packed and a stack of paperwork about 5 inches high that we'll be taking overseas.  

While all of that has kept us busy the truth is, I haven't been writing because I've been scared - I've been scared that I'll say too much or that I'll say the wrong thing.  Out of respect for the child we're hoping to adopt we are limited in what we can share.  What I can say is this - we have a referral for a sweet five year old girl.    Waiting to meet this child is extraordinarily challenging.  If you've ever been 9 + months pregnant, you might know what I mean.  It's a lot like that, except that she's not snuggled up safe and warm in her mother's care.

Though waiting can be tough and some days are harder than others, I trust in the Lord's perfect timing.  He is sovereign and He's at work in the wait.  He's preparing our hearts and hers for this transition.  I've noticed this pattern -  just when it seems the waiting and wondering has worn me too thin, He sends a word of refreshment, a word of hope, a word of promise.  He has done this over and over and over again - not just throughout the adoption process, but throughout my entire life.  But these promises are not exclusively for me.  They're for all who call on the name of the Lord Jesus.  If you haven't already, would you please come and rest in the Sovereignty and Promise of the Lord.    


No comments:

Post a Comment